Altered Book Workshop with Laura
What is an Altered Book? An altered book is a form of mixed media artwork. It changes a book from its original form into a different form by altering its appearance and/or meaning.
This is a fun, expressive process that provides an opportunity for personal exploration, experimentation and play.
Is this for you? This class is designed for both the beginner as well as the experienced artist.
- Using an old book of your choosing we will explore a medley of art techniques right in the book.
- You will learn how to use collage, paint, text, textures, photo transfers and altered imagery to create a personal, unique piece of art. This class will leave you with a full toolbox of ideas that will be sure to enhance any future artwork you create.
- You will also have an opportunity to learn about contemporary artists working in this medium.
- I offer writing prompts to get the creative juices flowing which may become part of the altered content in your books
- Materials List will be provided.
There really are endless possibilities to unleash your creative spirit. Here are some examples to inspire you.
$40 per session for this 5 week course. A total $200 each participant.
Class maximum is 8, minimum is 4
- I can schedule courses at a mutually convenient time and day for each week.
- Payment is due in full one week prior to the first lesson.
*Did you know this class can be offered as a custom group? Contact me for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
“The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape…”